1. Use a compass and ruler to measure out four doughnut shapes from card. You'll need two sizes 5 cm and 2.5 cm and two of each size. Cut them out with scissors.
2. To make a large pompom for the chick’s body, take the two 5cm doughnut shapes and place together. Wrap yarn around the doughnut, through the hole, until it’s covered. Take the scissors and snip the wool around the edge of the circle, between the two doughnut shapes.
3. Take a thread and slip it between the two doughnuts, wrap it around the middle of the strands and tie a tight knot. Discard the cardboard rings and fluff out the pompom.
4. Repeat step 2-3 with the 2.5 cm doughnuts. You will now have a larger pompom for the body, and a smaller one for the head. Glue them together.
5. Cut out a diamond shape from orange felt for the beak. Fold in half and glue to the chick’s head. Cut out two small circles of felt for the wings and curl together before gluing to the chick’s body. Glue on two knots of black wool for eyes. Display chicks in an egg box.