1. First, cut a rectangular slot about 1 inch long and a ½-inch wide in the side of the bottle. Draw two identical pieces for the back half of the plane that look like upside-down Ls.
2. Once the two pieces are cut, attach them to the plastic bottle with two-sided tape. Pay attention to where the coin slot is – you’ll need to cut into the paper over the coin slot opening.
3. Now draw two identical rectangles about 4 inches long and 1 inch thick on card stock paper. These are going to be your engines. Cut the rectangles out and then roll them into long tubes. Tape the tubes, and then attach them to the plastic bottle, one on either side.
4. Then draw two identical triangles with rounded tips on your card stock paper, which will become your wings. Cut them out and attach the wings above the engines.
5. Using the bottle cap as a guide, draw your plane propeller. The bottle cap is going to secure the propeller onto the bottle, so you want the circle opening to be slightly smaller than the cap so it doesn’t slip over it. You now have a basic plane, but you can add some personality with extra card stock paper and your piggy bank is ready!