1. Start by cutting a rectangle out of your cardboard for the tree trunk.
2. Cut another small piece of cardboard to use as a stamp to make texture onto the tree trunk. Pour a small amount of brown paint onto a paper plate and using the end of the extra cardboard piece, dip it into the brown paint and then onto your cardboard trunk.
3. Add glue onto one section on the back of a paper plate and then scrunch and add tissue paper onto the paper plate. Continue adding glue and tissue paper to different sections until it is full.
4. Staple tree trunk onto the bottom of paper plate.
5. Get out red buttons and glue them all over the tree to make apples.