1. First, take the printable template and cut out the pieces. Then trace the butterfly body on a sheet of brown construction paper and cut it out.
2. Now cut out the legs. The easiest way is to cut the rectangle with all the legs. Don’t cut the individual legs and trace the rectangle on the brown construction paper and cut individual legs.
3. Then decorate the head with wiggle eye stickers and draw the mouth with the help of the black marker. Now fold the legs into accordion shape and glue them on the body of the butterfly.
4. Trace the wings on yellow paper. Cut the wings out and decorate them as shown in the image.
5. Glue the wings on the by folding them at the base. Now cut a small strap and glue it at the bottom of your butterfly hand puppet. All done and ready to fly away!