1. First twist 1.5 inch round ball head onto 2.5-inch egg shape body. Glue two pieces together.
2. Wrap yellow wool roving felt around the foam and needle them to create a smooth fluffy surface. Cut out the beak from yellow felt and glue into the shape of the cone.
3. Push bead eyes into the foam to create the indent. Glue eyes and beak into place. Using 20 gauge floral wire and wire pliers, bend end ¾ inch.
4. Now bend second fold at 1 inch and third at ¾ again. Bend the last toe to back at ¾ inch wrapping under and up for leg.
5. Trim ends of the wire at 2 inches and make the second foot. Then paint with yellow color and let it dry. Finally, push the legs into foam glue into place. Cut and glue wings onto chicks.