1. First, make different-sized clay balls as shown in the picture and save some clay for decoration. Pick the biggest roll, press and roll it in the middle to make a dumbbell shape.
2. Take the third biggest ball and roll it down to a tapering edge on one side. This will be the head of Ganesha. Take the second largest ball and pierce it with a toothpick. This will be the body. Attach the head to the body via the toothpick.
3. Then take two smaller balls and roll them into thin strips as shown in the image. Attach the strips as legs of the idol. Make two more strips and attach them as hands. Then Flatten a ball of clay and cut it in half.
4. Now attach the two halves as ears. Roll a thin strip of clay and twist it to place it atop Ganesha’s head. Then make a shape as shown in the picture, Invert it and place it in the gap atop Ganesha’s head. Make two small balls and place on top of the structure.
5. Next, take a star-shaped paper cutout and trace the shape onto a piece of clay. Insert two or three toothpicks into the dumbbell shape made in the beginning. Place the cutout of the star shape like a platform. Put Ganesha on top of the toothpicks to secure him in place. Finally, clay Ganesh is ready. Hope you enjoyed our post on how to make Ganesh idol at home.