1. Draw a big circle on white construction paper. Divide the circle into seven equal wedges by drawing lines radiating from the center. Now you have something that looks like a wheel. Make a slit following one spoke of the wheel, all the way through the center. Fold one wedge adjacent to the slit inwards.
2. Paint the wheel colorfully. Use a dowel for the umbrella's handle. Use a glue gun to anchor one end of the stick inside a plastic bottle cap. Fill the bottle cap with play dough. This helps secure the stick in place. Insert a colored drinking straw through the dowel.
3. Cut out a 5-inch diameter disk from card board. Punch a small hole at the center. Insert the tip of the dowel through the center of the disk and slide the disk down until it reaches the top end of the drinking straw. Once dry, decorate your color wheel with stickers.
4. Unfold the unpainted wedge of your color wheel. Apply glue on the entire surface of this wedge. Turn your color wheel into a cone shape by overlapping the unpainted wedge behind the wedge adjacent to the slit.
5. Insert the tip of your umbrella handle through the apex of the color wheel cone. A small part of the dowel should protrude from the top of the umbrella. You can trim the dowel if it's too long. You may insert a big bead or a small ball of clay/play dough at the protruding tip of the dowel.