1. First, start with one sheet of tissue paper, folded in half lengthwise– and then fold the rectangle into fourths. Secure the fold with a binder clip.
2. Use scissors to fringe the tissue paper, starting from the bottom and cutting a little more than halfway up.
3. Remove the binder clip and lay the tissue paper out flat, then cut it in half. You now have 2 separate garland pieces.
4. Fold each fringe panel in half, and secure the open sides with tape. Fold in half then tape the open sides.
5. To make “stringing” the panels easier, fold & crease them at the top first, then lay the twine down inside the crease, and secure it with tape. The tape should not touch the twine at all – as shown in the image 5 you can slide and adjust the garland panels as necessary.