1. Pick one of the colors to be the first layer of the gift wrap and the other color to be the second layer. Make sure to use the heavy-weight one for the second layer. Create the first layer by wrapping your gift with the orange tissue paper.
2. As the cutouts are placed on the top part of each gift here, we need to identify the part of the second layer gift wrap that will fall on the top area of the gift. So, take a piece of the second color gift wrap in the size needed for the gift and carefully wrap it around the gift without using a tape but making creases along the edges. Then unwrap the second layer.
3. There are two designs in the cutout template. Pick the one you want to start with. Lay down the second layer gift wrap flat on the cutting mat. Place the template on the area of the top part of the gift you want the cutout. Then using the X-Acto knife, cut along the dashed lines on the cutout design. (The dotted line in the middle is just to separate the two designs.
4. Following the creases formed in step 2, re-wrap the gift with the second layer wrap and secure it with tape. Make sure the cutouts fall on the top part of the gift.
5. With the template as a guide, lightly fold or bend along the solid lines of the cutout designs on the gift. Fold or bend in the direction away from the gift so the contrasting color can peak through and cutouts can get a more 3D look. Repeat steps 3 & 5 to add more cutouts to the same gift.