1. Bend pipe cleaner in half and then twist it about 1/3 of the way down, just shy of the three finger width that you will wrap the yarn around.
2. Wrap yarn around your fingers so you get a nice thick wodge of yarn.
3. Carefully slide one of the pipe cleaner legs through the wodge of yarn and twist tightly to secure. Carefully snip through the loops of yarn trying to keep the lengths even.
4. Gently pull the yarn strands down to cover the hoped part of the pipe cleaner and trim any irregular bits off. Curl each of the remaining pipe cleaner strands to create flat tight circles.
5. Add some eyes and let the Yarn Monster fun begin …