1. Cut the egg carton into sections of 2 cups, plus one section of 1 cup for the engine & trim edges to tidy up. Then paint them and allow to dry.
2. For making the wheels, first trace around small plastic lids to make the circles and then cut them out one by one.
3. Punch holes with a hole punch in the back of the engine & the front & back of each carriage. Then tie them together with a piece of ribbon.
4. Glue on the wheels and attach to the egg carton.Make the funnel. Roll a small (approx 4-5cm high) strip of paper up into a cylinder. Glue the lip down, then wind a thin strip of a different coloured paper around all the way up to make a candy stripe. snip tiny slits all the way around the bottom of the cylinder & fold under to make tabs. Glue it on the front of the toilet roll engine with the tabs.
5. Make the mini cone for the top of the funnel by cutting a circle shape with a slit to the middle & pulling it into a cone and gluing in place. Now your train is ready to play!