1. Fold your piece of 13”x4” fabric in half and crease with your finger. Place finished necklace chain in the crease.
2. Fold fabric over so that chain is sandwiched in the middle.
3. With a needle and doubled thread, push the needle up one side of the fabric so that the knot is between the 2 layers of fabric.
4. Now sew a loose hand stitch about 1/4” away from the edge so that the chain is between the needle and the crease in the fabric. Then stitch across the length of the fabric (13”).
5. Pull the thread tight until fabric ruffles reach approx. 5”-6” or whatever looks good to you. Hold fabric in place and pull chain so that the chain is full length again. Tie off the thread with the knot between the fabric again so that it is hidden and snip ends of thread and you’re ready to rock one pretty ruffle necklace!