1. Cut out two fabric squares that measure 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Cut out four strips of iron-on adhesive to fit the sides of one fabric square and line them around the square (on the wrong side of the fabric).
2. Iron the strips onto the fabric. Allow them to cool for a minute or two, and then peel off the paper backing.
3. Place the second fabric square on top of the square that has the adhesive. You want the wrong sides facing together. Iron three of the sides together, but leave an opening on the fourth side.
4. Mix 1 cup of uncooked rice and 15 drops of lavender essential oil together in a bowl. Spoon three tablespoons of the scented rice into the opening in the sachet.
5. Push all of the rice towards the closed end of the sachet and then iron the opening end to close. Trim the edges of the sachet with pinking shears to give it a decorative touch .