1. First, Cut your strips, the number of bases strips from 12 to 14 (seven each of one color) and five top strips. Cut the strips that are 1 ¼”- wide and 72” long.
2. Lay seven base strips next to one another and keep them doubled over working with twice the thickness. Weave in the remaining seven base strips horizontally to have the woven base in the centre of the strips.
3. Glue together the two open ends of one folded over the ring, then glue the sealed end to the opposite, folded-over end of the ring. Create five rings in a similar manner.
4. Pull every other base strip through the centre and over the top of the ring. Pull the remaining every other strip over the ring from outside in. similarly, repeat with the second top ring and continue till all the top five rings.
5. Now take one of the strips coming from the inside out, and trim the top ring. Glue together the open ends. Use the same method to finish the ends that are coming from the outside in. Finally, continue finishing the ends all the way around and your felt basket is ready!