1. First, draw the shape of your favorite bird and trace it on the felt. Now cut out your bird shape. The bird shape should be slightly bigger than the hair clip since the hair clip will actually fit inside the sewn bird.
2. Cut out a little felt heart for the wing. Sew it in place. Now sew a little eye for your bird with black thread.
3. Prepare the bottom of the bird: Cut a little slit in the back piece of felt for the hair clip to slip through. Create a stack of the felt pieces to be sewn.
4. Place the bottom piece of felt (with the hair clip through the slit and snapped closed) on the bottom and the top bird piece on top. Now place the little -felt beak between the two pieces on the side.
5. Sew all three pieces together. Start at the beak so that it will be secured and won’t fall out as sewing the rest of clip. Finally, the beautiful clip is ready to wear.