1. Choose the template of spinner and trace onto the cardboard. Once you have your basic shape paint whatever you want on it.
2. Take 3 coins and glue into edges and let them dry. If you wish, you can replace these coins with buttons (the heavier the better) or small bolts.
3. Locate the centre of your fidget spinner and make a hole with a pin. Using smaller scissors, make the hole bigger – until your toothpick fits in comfortably and loosely. Test the spin. If it keeps getting stuck, make the hole a little bigger.
4. Now cut out 2-4 cardboard discs. Again take your pin and make a small hole. Use your toothpick to widen that hole, so the toothpick fits in tightly. Glue the first disc to the end of your toothpick.
5. Insert the toothpick into fidget spinner. Take second disc and slide down the other side of the toothpick and glue in place. Snip off any protruding toothpick.