1. First, cut out several circles from 3-4 colours, of tissue paper, approx 1.5 inches in diameter, then cut those in half to make semi circles. Place a piece of double sided tape around the bottom of your roll. Start placing the straight edge of each semi circle on the double sided tape, overlapping slightly.
2. Leave a 5 cm gap and place another strip of double sided tape around the roll, repeating with the semi circles. This is the head. Now Cut out a circle with white paper then use a black marker to draw a large circle inside for the eye. Using double sided tape stick onto the side of the head.
3. Cut strips of tissue paper using the same colours as your semi-circles. At the tail end, carefully place a piece of double-sided tape around the inside bottom of the roll. Stick one by one, a long piece of tissue paper to the tape, going all the way around until it’s covered.
4. Now Trim the ends if necessary so that they’re about the same length. Repeat steps 1-3 to make two more carps.
5. Then cut three pieces of twine about 7 inches long. Double knot each one onto your dowel, make sure the ends are even. Now on the head side, place a piece of double sided tape inside the roll, opposite the eye. Start with the top knotted twine on the dowel and secure the loose ends onto the tape inside the roll. Repeat on the opposite side, just behind the eye and repeat the same procedure for the next two carps.