1. Cover up the hole at the bottom of the lantern with a sheet of card to seals off the bottom so that the chocolate doesn’t fall out. Cut a crepe paper ‘skirt’ a little shorter than the height of lantern but wide enough to wrap all the way around lantern with a bit of overlap.
2. Start cutting the rest of crepe paper into strips. Make sure each strip is long enough to wrap all the way around the lantern. Once you’ve cut all your strips, start trimming them to create a fringe. Now return to the crepe paper skirt you created. Fringe the bottom of the skirt.
3. Apply pieces of double-sided tape to the backs of your fringed crepe paper strips and start sticking them to the crepe paper skirt, starting from the bottom and working your way upwards until the whole skirt is covered. Make sure you overlap them as you go.
4. Cut waves into the bottom of the crepe paper skirt – this will be the wavy part at the bottom of the ghost. Flip the skirt over so that it's facing down and apply some double-sided tape to the back, along with the top edge. Then stick it to the lantern, wrapping it all the way around the middle.
5. Start covering the rest of your lantern with fringed crepe paper strips, starting from where you attached the skirt and working your way up to the top. Fill the lantern with candy. Cut two ovals and a jelly bean shape for eyes and mouth from some black crepe paper. Stick them on the ghost with some double-sided tape.