1. First, color the cardboard tube with your favorite colors and keep aside to dry.
2. Next, you’ll need to cut your Mylar sheets into three equal strips. Make sure that the size won’t fall out of the cardboard tube.
3. You might need to adjust yours depending on the size of your tube. So cut your Mylar into strips that measure 9.7cm x 3.5 cm.
4. Line up your Mylar strips; leave a tiny space between each one. Place the shiniest sides face down and tape them together over the spaces.
5. Fold the taped Mylar into a triangular prism and tape along the top to hold in place.
6. This should fit snuggly inside your cardboard tube. Now cut off the bendy end of a flexible straw.
7. Now tape it along the top of your tube with the flexible part of the straw hanging over the edge and cut out 3 circles from white sheet measuring 3.75 inches in diameter.
8. Poke a hole in the center of your circle and then decorate it by using the marker, stickers with different designs, shapes, and letters. Place the circle onto your straw with the design facing the Kaleidoscope.
9. For that you want the hole to fit over the flexible portion of the straw so it will turn easily. Now finally, look into your Kaleidoscope and explore all the reflections created by your design.