1. Cut 1 piece of yarn about 12 inch long of each color and set it aside. This will be used to tie the middle of the pom pom. Wrap one color yarn around the palm of your hand around 50 times and then trim the ends.
2. Next, slide the pre-cut piece of yarn through your fingers and slide the yarn off your hand. Tie the piece you slid through tightly. Double knot. Gently flip over the bundle of yarn and bring the two pieces you just tied to the other side to do the same, double knotting them.
3. Then use scissors to cut the loops to create a pom pom. Finally trim the pom pom. Hang onto the “tail”, which is the piece that holds the yarn together and was tied on both sides. Do not cut the tail, that is what you will use to hang the cones. Make one pom pom with each color of yarn.
4. Now cut one 5" x 5" piece of brown color craft paper. Use the brown sketch to draw grided lines on each square of paper. Now, cut the paper square in to a cone shape. Next, roll each paper into a cone shape and secure the edges with hot glue.
5. Now attach the pom poms to the paper cones by putting hot glue into the top of the cone. Set the pom pom on top, pushing it somewhat down into the cone so the glue catches the yarn. Keep the tail on top and not in the cone to create a loop by knotting to hang. Hang the cones as desired. Finally, add pom pom cherries to the top of each ice cream cone.