1. First, lay the t-shirt on a flat surface. Start by cutting off the sleeves, using the seams as a guide. And using a round plate as a guide, cut out a half circle into the neck of the t-shirt.
2. To create the ties that will clinch the bottom of the bag, cut 2 one inch strips from each of the sleeve scraps. Cut each circular strip open and pull at the ends to stretch them out, creating 4 strings total. Snip 8 evenly spaced slits along the bottom hem of the t-shirt. We cut 3 in the front, 3 in the back, and one each side.
3. Attach a safety pin to the end of one of the strings. Starting at the left side of the shirt, thread the string through two sections so that both ends come out from the left hem of the shirt.
4. Do the same to the right side of the shirt with the 2nd string. Starting at the middle slit, thread the 3rd string through the section closest to the left side, under and over the 1st string and through the opposing section. Repeat on the other side with the 4th string.
5. Pull each section tightly, tying the strings into double knots. You can trim the strings but we like leaving the fringe as is. And . . . your new recycled market bag is finished!