1. First, lay a piece of fabric on a flat surface and draw a rectangle that is 8” by 3”. Cut out and set aside. Draw another rectangle on the felt and add a triangle at the top, this will become the flap of the pencil case. Cut this piece out.
2. Next, lay the fabric face down on a flat surface and place the felt piece on top in a column, with the triangle at the top. Then, trace an outline on the fabric that is 5” wider than the felt on every side.
3. With the felt pieces still on top of the fabric, make a loop with string and attach it to the tip of the felt triangle using a Bonding Strip. Next, still with the felt pieces in place, with the bonding Strips to the fabric border, making sure to cover the entire perimeter.
4. Now cut the strips in half to ensure that they fit the border perfectly without hanging over the sides. Now fold the fabric border onto the felt. Then, cut additional Strips and attach them to the edges of the bottom half of the pencil case.
5. Do not add strips to the bottom edge. Fold the bottom half upward, making sure not to overlap the triangular part. Now add a button to your pencil case and make sure you set this approximately 1.5 inches from the top of the case and you are done!