1. Begin by cutting you paper in fourths. If you use the whole pages your wreath would probably be about 3 feet wide. I decided to use 1/2 sheet pieces of gray for the bottom layer. In hindsight, I should have cut them down as well. If you use 12×12-inch paper, cutting it in fourths is still the way to go.
2. Roll your cut paper into a cone, having a corner be the tip of the “petal”. Place a small dab of hot glue on the paper to keep it rolled into a cone shape.
3. Just keep rolling and gluing so that you have a mountain of cones. Take your cones and flatten and fold up the bottom 1/2-inch. Put a small amount of hot glue on the flattened part and place on the outside rim of your cardboard circle. For the first round,
Leave a small gap between cones.
4. Continue to fold, glue, and place the remaining cones, alternating their placement between the previous round’s cones. Glue each round closer to the center and not on top of the previous row’s flattened ends.
5. Keep adding your rounds until you reach the very center! Make the middle 4 cones slightly skinnier than the previous rounds but that is not necessary.