1. To make the pinwheels. Now take two square papers of different patterns of size 5 and 6 inches and attach together with the help of glue, and then start folding. Fold the square in half on the diagonal, ensuring that the corners line up exactly. Open the square back up and fold on the diagonal again in the opposite way. Your paper square should now have a big X folded into it.
2. Using your scissors cut one of the fold marks from the corner to about 1/4 inch from the center. Be careful to leave adequate space and not cut too close to the center point. Repeat this cut on the remaining three fold marks. Your paper square should now look like four triangles all held together by the center point of the paper.
3. Now take one corner of one triangle and gently bend it towards the center of the square. Push a straight pin at the centre. Now take the same corner of the next triangle and fold it towards the center also adding it to the pin starting with the back side of the paper.
4. Repeat for the remaining two triangles make sure that you use the same corner of each one. Once you have all four corners on your pin, carefully push the pin through the very center of the square pulling it through so that the head of the pin holds all of the points down in the middle. Now it should look like a pinwheel now!
5. Next we will attach it to the “stick”. Take a paper drinking straw in a coordinating color and push the pin all the way through the straw about 1/2 inch from the top. Carefully bend the end of the pin down the back of the straw pushing the sharp end into the straw to secure it. There you go! An easy paper Pinwheel is ready!