1. Start by doing a running stitch across the length of your lace as shown.
2. Next pull the two ends of the thread in opposite directions so that pleats are formed in the lace.
3. Then bring the two ends together tie a knot (on the wrong side of the lace) so that you have something that looks like this.
4. Turn it over and your base is ready. Now do the same with organza ribbon.
5. Now take the lace circle base. Glue the organza ribbon circle you just created on the top of lace circle. Add a stone in the center and a ribbon at the back and your rakhi is ready.