1. First with the help of scissors cut out the ‘top’ and ‘base’ templates for the hat and bend down tabs around the circular section.
2. Now apply glue to the top of your band and to the right -hand edge. Glue down tabs and side until you have a complete cylinder. Now for the base of hat fold and glue the base sheet back – to- back, so the images are on the outside.
3. Cut out the circular base of the hat. Lightly fold along the horizontal dotted line in the centre of the base and cut the vertical lines.
4. Apply glue to the triangular tabs. Open up each tab, gently folding along the base. Then place the base over the open end of the top of the hat.
5. Now press each triangular tab into the inside of the cylinder, holding for a few seconds until the glue is dry. Then you can add a couple of pieces of sticky tape over the tips to hold tabs firmly in place. Gently bend the sides of the hat base. To secure in place put a bobby pin in the back. Finally, the hat is ready!