1. First, take the red crepe paper and cut the petals, leaf, and sepal from it. Now with the help of edges of closed scissors, curl both top corners of the petals, making sure to move the direction of the grain.
2. Now gently use thumbs to stretch centers of petals to form cups. Cut wire to 10 inches and bend the tip downward. Starting with small petals, place glue at the bottom of petal and wrap around bent wire tip.
3. Then add glue to the bottom of second small petal and attach to the base of the bloom. Continue with next two petals to surround the center and now add 4th and 5th petals. Finish the bloom by adding the three large petals to completely surround the bloom.
4. Put glue along the edge of the left leaf and lay a piece of wire in glue. Quickly cover the glue and wire with the second leaf. Now glue bottom edge of sepal and wrap around the base of the rose.
5. Cut a thin strip of green crepe and glue over top of sepal and wire. This will give a surface to secure the floral tape. Wrap rose and leaf stem with floral tape and attach stems of flower and leaf with more floral tape. Finally, the beautiful rose bud is ready!