1. First, begin by marking your scrapbook paper at 3 inches. Make sure if the paper has a design on it, it is face down. Score a line down the paper at the 3-inch mark with the straight edge. Turn the paper 90 degrees and score again at the 3-inch mark and then turn and score again. You should now only have three score lines down your paper as shown in the image. One horizontally, two vertically.
2. Now cut along both of the vertical lines, being sure to stop at where the vertical line meets the horizontal line. Fold up along those lines.
3. Fold inward along the other vertical lines. Repeat all these steps with the second sheet of scrapbook paper. On both sheets of paper, glue the two small flaps and join them with the bottom flap to create a box-like shape. Fold the bottom flap up to glue onto the two small flaps. Follow these same steps on another separate sheet of cardstock paper to create the second box half.
4. On one of the “box-halves,” glue the front and sides. Then join the two halves together to create your bag, making sure that they are both secured to each other well. Once the glue dries, make your two hole punches for the handles. I used a ruler just to make sure that the holes were centered and aligned with each other.
5. String the rope through the holes. My two ropes were about 11? in length. I didn’t want to tie a knot on the inside of the bag because the rope was too thick, so I just secured the ends down on the inside of the bag with a bit of hot glue. Next comes the fun part of the painting. Paint on two coats, and then let it dry for 30 minutes before using. Finally, your gift bag is ready!