1. If the straws have a bendy arm at the end, trim it off
2. And then trim the rest of straws to the same length. The closer in length, the more spherical they will come out.
3. Bundle together around 25 straws, draw the zip tie around the exact middle, then pull. Pull as hard as you can. Then fold back some of the straws so they touch in the middle. You’d expect the plastic to bend back eventually, but honestly, they don’t.
4. Get scissors and cut the extra length of zip ties
5. Now bend the straws in the way they look like plastic pompoms. Finally, it is done!