1. First cut a strip of cardstock paper approximately 8.5” X 2” and mark 3/8” from both edges of the paper and use a pencil to lightly draw a line across the paper. Using the scissors, carefully snip the paper into strips that are about ¼” wide, cutting up to the pencil line. Continue until the end of the paper.
2. Using a knitting needle carefully roll each strip. Make sure the pencil line is on the back of the strip. Continue rolling until you’ve rolled each piece along the entire length of the paper.
3. Now to make the stem cut out a strip 2” x 8” from the green color and start rolling one of the corners diagonally, add some glue to the paper to keep it together. Keep rolling the paper diagonally around itself to make a thin, stem – like the tube. Then add some gum to the swirled up paper then place it over the thinner end of the stem with the swirls painting up and towards the outside.
4. Start wrapping the swirled up paper around the stem so that it overlaps as you swirl. Try to get it as tight as you can around the stem until you reach the end of your swirled up paper strip. Add a lit bit of glue to keep it in the place.
5. Cut out a piece of paper, about 2” x 3”. Fold it accordion style along the long edge in roughly ¼” sections. Using a sharp scissor, cut out a leaf shape, leaving about ½” at the bottom. After cutting add some glue to the bottom of the leaves, and place one corner about 2” below the flower. Wrap it tightly around the stem as you press down the glue to keep in place. Repeat the process in different colors to make you a beautiful bouquet.