1. Start by cutting off the hemmed bottom of all the T- Shirts. Now cut one of the T-shirts into 16 horizontal strips.
2. Stretch the T-shirt strips in pairs around the Circular ring.These strips are known as the weft strips.
3. Cut the rest of the T-shirts into 1-inch horizontal strips. You will need 10 to 12 T-shirts total. Cut off one end of each strip so that the loop becomes a long strip of fabric.
4. Now start wrapping the T-shirt strips around the weft strips. Alternate going over and under each weft strip. Treat the weft strip pairs as though they are one piece for now.
5. Secure the strips of fabric in place by tucking them into the weaving on the back side of the rug. After your weaving is approximately eight inches across, separate the weft strip pairs and start weaving through them separately.
6. Once you are about six inches away from the edge of the circular ring, separate the weft strips again and start weaving in between the strips and cut the weft strips off of the hula hoops.
7. Finally, tie the weft strips in a double knot. Weave the ends of the weft strips into the back side of the rug. Turn the rug over and it's ready to use!