1. Paint the front side of one of the paper plates black. Also Paint the back side of the other paper plate black. Let dry.
2. Use the pattern to cut off a small section of the second plate. Now roll it into a cone shape and staple to hold it in place.
3. Cut a piece of black felt into a rectangle and fold it in half and cut a smaller rectangle out of the center to create the buckle. Now cut a strip of purple felt long enough to go around the wide end of the cone you created.
4. Then glue the buckle to the center of the purple strip, and glue this strip to the wide end of the cone.
5. Finally, glue the top of the hat (the cone) to the other black paper plate and your hat is ready!