1. First lay out both pockets facing up and line up the top edges. Pin the zip (also facing up) in between the two pockets. Sew as indicated by dotted green line in the image. In the second image you can see the reverse view.
2. Depending on your zip and presser foot width, it may help to open it and sew part of the way, then finish sewing the seam with the zip closed. If you want to embellish your pocket pouch, now’s the time to do it. Use the glue stick to partly secure the trim and patches.
3. To ensure trim and patches will stay on after repeated use; tack down the embellishments with some hand stitches. Fold both pockets down so the edges are aligned and tuck in ends of zip on both sides so they are shorter than the outside of the pockets. Pin to secure if required.
4. Sew with a narrow zig zag stitch around the outside of the pocket edges being sure to catch both front and back pocket edges. Add some extra zig zag stitches to the top of each side seam to reinforce the opening near the zip.
5. Finally, the purse is now ready to use. To add the tassel, open the jump ring with jewellery pliers and slip the ring through the zipper pull. Close jump ring to secure. The tassel makes it easier to open and close the zip, so it not only serves a decorative purpose, but a practical one too!