1. Virtual Reality (VR) could aid people with dementia to recall their memories, minimize aggression and also better their relations with their caregivers.
2. SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems incorporated eight patients between the ages of 41 to 88.Sixteen sessions were monitored with feedback gathered from patients.
3. Each patient used a VR headset to 'visit' one of five virtual environments (VEs) of a cathedral, a forest, a sandy beach, a rocky beach, and a countryside scene.
4. VR helped patients recall old memories by providing new stimuli difficult to achieve, due to ill-health, or inaccessible within a secure environment.
5. It becomes easier to produce 360-degree VR videos; it could allow VEs specifically designed for individual patients, such as their home or a favourite location, to be created.