1. Japan has unveiled its latest new generation bullet train which will be able to travel at top speeds of 400 kilometers (224 mph).
2. The new train’s speed surpasses the world’s fastest bullet trains which are currently in operation in Japan and France, travelling at a maximum speed of around 200mph.
3. Alfa-X boasts multiple high-tech features including vibration and temperature sensors. The most distinct feature is its sleek 22 meter (72 feet) nose.
4. The 10-car bullet train began test run on May 13, 2019 between the cities of Aomori and Sendai at night.
5. Alfa-X’s aerodynamic nose is dramatically elongated to cope with these extreme speeds, minimizing pressure and noise when passing through tunnels.