1. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO, an agency under Ministry of Defence) conducted successful flight test of ‘ABHYAS’, a High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT).
2. The test was conducted from Integrated Test Range (ITR), at Balasore in Chandipur, Odisha.
3. The trial flight test was tracked by various Radars & Electro Optic Systems.
4. Test proved its performance in fully autonomous waypoint (means a series of unique abstract GPS points that create artificial airways) navigation mode.
5. The system performance was as per the simulations carried out.
6. the test demonstrated the capability of ABHYAS to meet requirement of mission for a cost effective High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT).