1. A 72-year-old French man has travelled across the Atlantic in a barrel-shaped orange vessel.
2. Jean-Jacques Savin set off on his journey in December from El Hierro in Spain’s Canary Islands.
3. He travelled about just using ocean currents to drift the capsule across the Atlantic.
4. Mr Savin landed on the Caribbean after 122 days at sea on the 27th April.
5. The journey covered more than 4500km.The former military paratrooper spent more than four months in the barrel, which is 3m long and 2.10m wide.
6. The strange vessel includes a sleeping bunk, kitchen and storage. It also has a porthole in the floor through which he was able to watch passing fish.
7. Mr Savin ate freeze-dried food, freshly caught fish and supplies offered by ships he passed on the voyage.
8. During the journey, the adventurer worked on a book about the experience, which he plans to publish later this year.