1. SCOBY project, makegrowlab to address the issue of pollution has created a substance made from local agricultural waste that can be used for food storage and later composted just like vegetables.
2. They developed the mass production process of organic material that is durable and edible and aims to provide zero-waste packaging that won’t pollute the environment.
3. The material can be grown locally anywhere in the world, with little space and local resources.
4. SCOBY mission is to start a ‘biorevolution’ by transforming waste into precious materials and products.
5. By combining multi-level perspectives from designers, scientists, and micro-organisms, they aim to work together to grow safer alternatives to petroleum-based products.