1. Microsoft's virtual keyboard app Swiftkey has received a new update in its Beta version that has brought 3D AR-based animal emojis - called 'puppets'.
2. The feature allows users to transfer their facial expressions to a panda, cat, dog, owl and these 'puppets' are said to have been trained using thousands of images and videos of people making expressions to track and record facial movements.
3. Users would be able to record up to 30 seconds of video and audio to share but it requires a device running on at least Android 7.0 Nougat or above.
4. Once the beta tests are satisfied with the quality of the feature, it will be made available to all users with Android devices.
5. They wanted to give Swiftkey fans a fun way to communicate beyond predefined GIFs.