1. ‘JACO’ is an assistive robotic arm developed by the Quebec based company KINOVA, to improve the quality of life of power wheelchair users.
2. The ‘JACO’ robotic arm available with either 2 or 3 finger grippers can be mounted onto any power wheelchair. The arm is designed to help with activities in everyday life from opening doors, lifting various objects, to playing with children and pets.
3. The technical design of JACO has been conceived to mimic a fully functioning human arm by allowing a total of 16 smooth movements.
4. The arm can be controlled using the chair’s joystick, head control, sip-and-puff, head array system or almost any other interface, in combination. It is made from lightweight carbon fibre and is designed to be durable and weather-resistant.
5. The device allows users to become more autonomous in every aspect of their lives, while also providing a greater sense of security to those with limited mobility.