1. The tech giant IBM has patented a smartwatch that can transform into a tablet.
2. The patent titled 'Variable display size for an electronic display device' was filed in 2016 by IBM. However, it took nearly three years for the patent to be approved.
3. It is a wearable device with a screen that can flip out to transform into a 4-panel Smartphone-sized display, which can then unfold to provide an 8-panel tablet-like interface.
4. Each tiny screen has a dimension of 3×2 inches, with the maximum size being 12×8 inches of screen real-estate with zero bezels.
5. Further, you can switch to the Smartphone mode when you need to dial a number or send text, or to the tablet mode for web browsing or reviewing documents.