1. Dutee Chand’s 11.32s run in the 100m final at the World University Games, Napoli earned India its second gold on the track at a global event.
2. The Odisha girl staved off a stiff challenge from Del Ponte (11.33) of Switzerland and Lisa Kwayie of Germany took the third spot with 11.39 seconds on the clock.
3. The 23-year-old had qualified for the finals with 11.41-seconds finish in the semi-final heats and led the final race from start to finish.
4. This is the first gold medal for India at this edition of the games. No Indian had qualified for the 100-metre final in the history of the University Games before this.
5. She dedicated this medal to her university KIIT, its founder Professor Samantaji, who has stood by her during bad days, and the people of Odisha.