1. The Indian army will begin its first ever mountain combat on October 7. The exercise is to test the mobility, coordination and communication of the troops in difficult terrain. The exercise is to be conducted in two phases.
2. The first phase will be held between October 7 and October 10, 2019. The second phase will be held between October 20 and October 24, 2019.
3. The exercise will include threes battle groups, each comprising of 4,000 soldiers. This is the largest military exercise in the history of Indian defense. The exercise includes mountain assault and air assault as well.
4. The exercise is done more than 100 km in the Indian Territory from the Line of Actual Control
5. The army helicopters and air force are to transfer the troops and equipment at the terrain up to 15,000 feet.