1. The Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM), operating under the Government of Kerala has launched the “Water 4 Change”.
2. Under the project, six prominent institutions from Netherlands will perform a long-term research and field level action on urban water management systems along with Indian scientists.
3. The project will bring solutions for water problems in the cities of Kozhikode, Shimla, Bhuj and Bhopal.
4. The project will address issues related to sanitary engineering, governance, urban planning, ecology, hydrology and economics in water handling.
5. The CWRDM was established by the Government of Kerala to cater the needs of research and development in water management of the state.
6. The institution deals with environmental issues, drainage issues, water quality management and wet land management in the state