1. Scientists claim to have found a radio signal from deep space that repeats every 16 days. Known as the Fast Radio Burst (FRB).
2. It sends the radio wave bursts for four days, stops for 12 days, and then repeats the cycle.
3. A team of scientists led by astrophysicist Dongzi Li from the University of Toronto found the distinctive repeating pattern of the FRB.
4. The FRB has been traced to a galaxy called SDSS J015800.28+654253.0, which are 500 million light-years away from Earth. It is the closest FRB detected so far.
5. In July 2018, an FRB that hit Earth was nearly 200MHz lower than any other radio burst ever detected.