1. On March 19, 2020, the Ministry Jal Shakti replied in Lok Sabha that out of 25 lakh square kilo metre of mappable area, plans for 11.8 lakh square km area have been developed.
2. The Ministry also informed that the Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) implementing the mapping programme has assessed 3,600 units out of 6,881 assessment units.
3. Also, the CGWB has began to update the data collected about ground water levels through a website.
4. Though water is a state subject, Centre has launched the programme to learn about the available ground water in the country.
5. Also, the centre aims to learn about ground water availability in the country to initiate artificial recharge of under ground water.
6. The Mission is being implemented by the CGEB under Ministry of Jal Shakti