1. On March 19, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on combating Corona Virus.
2. The PM introduced People’s Curfew during his speech. He also said that Economic Task Force is to be implemented under the Finance Minister.
3. PM Modi introduces “Hum Swasth, toh Jag Swasth” mantra to fight COVID-19. This means “The World is Healthy when we stay Healthy”.
4. He also suggests “Social Distancing” to prevent the infection. While several developed countries have taken swift actions to contain the virus, India with a population of 130 crore shall fight the virus only through social distancing and self-quarantine.
5. The Prime Minister has requested the citizens not to leave their homes between 7 AM and 9 PM.
6. This has been named as People’s Curfew. The Curfew is a way of expressing gratitude to all the medical professionals who are selflessly serving others.
7. At 5 PM on the very same day, India is to give a standing ovation to those selfless medical professionals.