1. Railway ministry of India cancelled 3700 trains from midnight to 10 pm on Sunday in view of the "Janta curfew" announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
2. It stated that mail and express trains will also stop services from 4 am to 10 pm while all suburban train services will be reduced to a bare minimum as well.
3. Suburban services in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Secunderabad shall be reduced to bare minimum level only to cater to essential travel.
4. Railways ministry, in a first, suspended fare concessions across 38 categories, which includes senior citizens, among others.
5. The passengers alighting from trains already on the run and desirous of staying at the station will be accommodated in waiting halls without creating overcrowding conditions providing drinking water; refreshments on payment shall be arranged.