1. The Centre on asked states to strictly ensure that the lockdown is executed smoothly across the country.
2. States have shut down inter-state traffic, except carriers of essential commodities and sealed intra-city transport services.
3. All private vehicles and citizens not engaged in essential services have been strictly asked to stay indoors.
4. Any person or entity found violating the lockdown will be penalized, unless they are going to the hospital or to purchase essential products.
5. The Centre has also issued strict guidelines to be executed across states, with an order by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to stay away from “spreading misinformation on social media platforms”.