1. A group of startup entrepreneurs in Bengaluru is developing an app to help the government track and monitor people in home quarantine and contain the spread of Covid-19.
2. Globally, the number of positive cases stands at 336,000, with death toll at 14,641. In India, cases have surged to 390, including six deaths. Karnataka had 26 cases, with one death.
3. One such solution called ‘Q-app’ or quarantine app, expected to go live this week, aims to live-track those in home quarantine as well as provide colour-coded information to identify areas with large number of positive cases.
4. The group is not only building the “Q-App" but also looking at creating content and dissemination of information in vernacular languages as well as solutions for medical supplies.
5. The app would send push notifications through the day, expecting those in home quarantine to respond. The live tracker would match it with the home location to ensure the person is at home.